Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA
January 5-8, 2012
Imagine a weekend of runs where every mile is filled with Disney fun at the 2012 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by CIGNA on January 5-8, 2012. Join us for a weekend of races that are magical as they are memorable, from Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo to running through all four Theme Parks in the Marathon and all-new Marathon Relay. Complete with medals of Mickey Mouse and his friends, you’d be, well, goofy to miss it!
I really admire anyone who can run a marathon. I always tear up when then contestants from “The Biggest Loser” run the marathon at the end of the season. What an accomplishment! They have gone from being significantly obese to world-class athletes. It’s amazing!
I would love to say that I have run a marathon, but there is just one small problem with that. I HATE to run. I like to work-out, I like to spin, but I do NOT run or jump. The closest I came to a marathon was a 5K race. It wasn’t really a race, since it was not too hard to beat me. My only goals were:
- To finish the race (which I did)
- To not drop dead on the course (I did not)
I think I finished somewhere in the high 45 minute mark, but I gave myself “A” for effort. So to all of you runners at Disney World this week-end, my hat is off to you.
- Run Disney (zippitydoodahdayz.wordpress.com)
- My Sixth Post for Running Disney: Is There a Link Between Disney and the New York City Marathon? (backofthepacker.wordpress.com)
- Have You Ever Run a Marathon? (fitsugar.com)
- Walt Disney World (WDW) Marathon Weekend (meetthemagic.com)