So, I’m back from our latest sojourn from the Happiest Place on Earth, and I’ve been remiss in posting on the blog. Work and school are conspiring against me and keeping me from what I’d really rather be doing, and that’s regaling my audience about my latest trip.
Going to summarize here and then share some of my pictures:
- Crowds-not too bad, but then we only went to the parks one day.
- Hotter than I would have liked it in May, but evenings were cool because it rained every night.
- Last time for us on the Disney Dining Plan. Too much food, although we timed our meals perfectly so I did not feel stuffed all the time. Future trips will see us ordering an appetizer and sharing a main course- cheaper.
- Nachos are getting skimpy at the ESPN bar. Less chili and cheese this time, and too many naked chips.
- Watched the Bulls lose, which was not that much fun.
- Grey Goose slushies, awesome as always. Also in love with the Habibi Daiquiri in Morocco. Very refreshing.
- Hosted our own Food and Wine Festival by sharing counter service offerings in Japan, China and Mexico. I have deliciously discovered guacamole in Mexico which has fabulous.
- Pox on the hotel guests who “save” chairs and tables at the pool with towels and stuff and then don’t show up for a few hours. The ultimate in rudeness in my opinion.
- Shame on parents keeping their children outside in the hot sun. Saw way too many crying kids with flush faces, glassy eyes, and sweat plastered foreheads that should have been taken out of the sun. It was way too hot for these little ones.
- Did “American Idol” for the first time and it was spectacular. One of the contestants gave me chills with his voice. He obviously won the round, and I hope he ended up being a Dream Ticket winner.
- The chocolate peanut butter cupcake from “Starring Rolls”, was ALL that and a bag of chips. Awesome cupcake.
- Babycakes- not so much on the cupcakes there. The one I had was good, but not in the “to die for” category.
- Trend D- still my favorite place to shop for character clothing.
- Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe is always a fun time!
- Only 159 more days until my next trip.
We had not been to the Flower and Garden Festival for quite a few years, so it was a nice change of pace to visit again. Epcot did not disappoint and the gardens, topiaries, and exhibits were breathtakingly beautiful. My favorite was “Pixie Hollow” and I have included pictures below for your viewing pleasure.
I took lots of other pictures which have given me lots of ideas for future topics.