I was hoping to capture some vacationers gone wild in their clothing on my last trip, but every time I saw an odd outfit, I couldn’t get my camera ready in time. Instead, I ended up channeling my inner Bill Cunningham, and documenting the latest fashion trend-the maxi dress.
Being an avid QVC watcher, they keep telling me that the maxi dress is the “must have” item of the season. Only believing this to be sales hype, I resisted the urge to add a long flowing dress to my already overflowing closet. As seen during my favorite pastime as Disney World, people watching, I saw more and more women rocking the trend.
Both young and old seemed to be enjoying the comfort of the long skirt.
I was lucky enough to be sitting behind this woman who was waiting for a boat at the Boardwalk and I was fascinated by the geographic print and her overall look, which was spectacular and fashionable. I hope she was on her way to a romantic dinner somewhere.
And lucky for me I ended up packing a long white skirt that I purchased last summer and was able to wear, so I could join the other fashionistas. I wonder if someone took my picture?
P.S. QVC sent me text while I was on vacation urging me to view the latest styles in maxi dresses. Of course, I was not able to resist!
Are you wearing a maxi this summer?
- Spring Maxi Dresses and More (foreverglamgirl.wordpress.com)
- More Maxi Dresses (fatchic.net)
- How To Rock a Maxi Dress – May 3 (fmdsblog.wordpress.com)
- How to Wear a Maxi Dress (thefashionablehousewife.com)
- Part 1: The Maxi Skirt (agoodwardrobe.com)
- Style Creep: Maxi Skirt (thenewlime.wordpress.com)
- Fabulous Friday- Get A Sheer Maxi Skirt LIke This Fab Maison Martin Margiela Number (focusonstyle.com)
- Franca Sozzani: Bill Cunningham: “I Like Real Fashion — Not Dressing Up” (stylelist.com)